Day of the Dead Tequila Tour with Fortaleza
Oct 27 to 30, 2016
Tequila Fortaleza‘s famous Day of the Dead celebration is now open to more than a small handful of lucky aficionados. This is a truly unique tour, co-hosted by Tequila Fortaleza, the most traditionally made tequila on the market.
Legendary brand owner and fifth-generation tequilero Guillermo Erickson Sauza will join us for an exclusive party celebrating the lineage going back to his great-great grandfather, the first person to export Tequila to the United States.
El Dia de los Muertos is a traditional Mexican holiday with origins going back before the Spanish Conquest. Departed loved ones and ancestors are celebrated in typically festive Mexican style – with vibrant colors, Tequila, mariachi music, food, and folks art including the famous, grinning “sugar skulls.”
Based in the town of Tequila, we will tour four very different tequila distilleries: large, small, modern, traditional and in-between. You will learn each process and taste the best that these distilleries have to offer.
You’ll want to bring a costume for the legendary party at the Fortaleza estate. Traditional Mexican food, drinks, music and games are accompanied by an open bar in the caves. You have to see it to believe it. You will have the final morning free to shop or just relax in the heart of Guadalajara, where there will be optional activities and time for tequila shopping before departures.
Please note that due to the special, annual nature of this celebration, this is a larger group than other Experience Tequila tours. Group size may as large as 40.
- Four days, three nights
- Dates: Oct. 27 – 30
- Cost (USD):$1355/person (double occupancy) – $1495/person (single occupancy)
- professional guides and interpreters
- four distillery visits and tastings
- three nights boutique lodging
- ground transportation (charter bus) and airport transfers
- traditional Mexican fiesta at Fortaleza
- walking tour of the colonial heart of Guadalajara
- T-shirt, shot glass and other goodies
- Tequila reception upon arrival
- Does not include:
- Tequila to take home
- Group size: Up to 40
- Questions? Contact Experience Tequila
- Click “Book Now” to make your reservation. You will be linked to our secure, third-party booking engine. While the total tour price will appear in your cart, a non-refundable deposit of only $300 confirms your spot! You will have the option to pay the deposit only at the end of the check-out process.
By booking a tour, you agree to our very reasonable Terms and Conditions. Make sure you read and understand them!